Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Desiring more than the status quo

"Are you satisfied with your relationship with Christ?"

This is what Reggie asked me one day when we were getting ready for a case.  I thought about it for a second.  Am I?  

I had to answer it with my explanation because the question wasn't "Does Christ satisfy you?" which you could initially think that it was implying.

No.  I'm not satisfied with my relationship with Christ.  Christ is fulfilling in every sense and beyond what I can even wildly dream that He is, but I always fall short.  I always want to know more about Him.  His ways.  His heart.  His plan.  I want to have a deeper understanding of some of the whys that don't make sense and will never be found without Him.

He can be so much more if we take our limits and ideas of what is supposed to be off of Him.

1 comment:

josierenee@gmail.com said...

i'm with you on this.
love the picture of the chairs.