Sunday, January 25, 2009

Simply Sunday-Alpha

'Tis a new beginning here in my humble abode.  God has been teaching me a lot about love.  Loving others, loving myself.

It can take a lot of effort to step outside of yourself and love others.  It's usually easier sitting on the sidelines watching life happen.  People's lives happening without participating or really showing them that you care.  To demonstrate God given love for someone will take you to a deeper intimacy with Christ that you could never have imagined.  To deny that He has asked of us to love each other, friend or not, is withholding God's grace and mercy from them that He pours out on us every ounce of our life.  

Don't get me wrong.  This can be the really hard part, however, God's grace is sufficient when I realize that there is no way possible for me to love this person or that person.  Seemingly impossible, He has changed my heart about them.  If only we could see them as He does.  To step back and view the world from His eyes you see a world full of hurt, broken, lost people that are looking for something.  Turns out that thing is the love of Christ.  We don't think we deserve it.  It doesn't make sense most of the time, but what if we all loved like He did?  

No comments: