Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ninja Path

I'm always curious about God's plan for me in this life.  Like the things He has put on my heart, my desires, things I want to leave behind.  I want my life to look different than the avid Sunday church-goers.

Jesus' life looked different.

I'm also scared of what this might bring.  I know the material things of this world can be destroyed by moths yet I find some things sentimental.  I also think I really need some things just to make my life easier.  Some people don't have life's luxuries though.  Sometimes I'd like to be a nomad.  Just here, there, everywhere without being tied down.  The problem is that I am tied down.  I bought a house and have student loans.  I think it'd be nice to not have these burdens yet even without the two I'm still left with a bunch of stuff.  Where does it all go?  Where do I go?  I'm a big fan of comfort, but I don't want to waste my life away hearing of other people's stories wishing I'd stepped out.

Lord, I need your guidance on where to go, how to get there and who I am.  I'll keep walking but make Your path clear.  Help keep my eyes on You and to not be distracted.  It's so easy for me to do.  I can't do any of this without You.


He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.  - Jim Elliot

No comments: