Friday, July 10, 2009

The Albert Pike

It has been a very long time since I've had to say bye to so many people. It's turning out to be harder than I expected. There are some things I want to say but don't entirely know where to find the words or how to get it out. I really love everyone so much, but how do you say it with words that penetrate so that they know. So often I throw around conversation just to fill in empty air space and it leaves me to feel like I've wasted time.

I have had time off from work to get things in order and also to spend time with folks. I forget how wrapped up in things I can get while life is passing me by. This week a friend and I randomly
stopped into an old hotel that has been turned into housing for the elderly and disabled to try to see its historic beauty. The lady did not seem too inviting at first until we asked if we could play the piano we saw in the window while driving by. Her eyes lit up and she claimed an even better prize of a piano on the second floor, a beautiful old baby grand whose bench had come up missing. We found a sort of fold out table minus the legs that we pulled up as the chair which made sitting to play a bit of a physical chore. After we finished up we went walking around on our own little tour and found some great treasures. After taking our time showing ourselves around we started to head out. We were asked to try out the other piano before we left to see how it worked in comparison to the one upstairs. Sure thing. Don't mind if I do! It turned out to be an hour long adventure that is one of those things that you cannot plan out and would never experience if you didn't just stop to ask. It was such a good time.

No comments: