Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm here

Right now I'm just hanging out in one of the areas on the ship where people play games, read, watch TV, and get on the internet. The boat has a constant rock from side to side that when I first got here made me feel like I was going to fall out of my chair from lack of sleep. I thought my body was just giving out on me. We are docked at a port that has ships coming and going all the time. Large trucks go past our spot to get to the ship docked behind us that seems to be just full of rocks they are using to make roads. There are so many nationalities here: Australian, South African, British, United States, Canadian, Polish, German. I don't really know how to tell how it is here yet because I just got here the other night and haven't been much like myself because I'm so tired. I start work tomorrow morning so I will know better when I get into a routine. I had to change rooms this afternoon so it feels better being unpacked and knowing where my things are. Right now I'm in a room with all OR nurses, but people are constantly coming and going so I'm not sure how long it will be that way. I'm really looking forward to starting work so I can meet people and get back to work. Here are some pictures for now.







No comments: